Child Safty Class for GrandmaA


As some of you may know, but most do not, my daughter, as of tomorrow, will be one week past the due date for her first child. Well, today she had an appointment with her doctor at nine am and also at the same time was to attend a class about child safety. As she could not be two places at one time I did go to the class to fill in for her.

Note: Most communities in the United States offer classes such as this and offer you a free fold and go baby bed/play pen after the meeting.
You would think after having three of my own children, plus one and also about to have my ninth grandchild, kind of sort of, that I would know everything there was to know about taking care of babies; but noooo.

Attention Grandmas! Did you know that baby powder was no longer recommended to be used on babies? I had no idea. I did not get the full reason but it does have something to do with the danger of inhaling the powder. This is a good thing to look up while online. After this class, I am now better prepared to help with the care of my new grandson if needed.
If anyone is interested in knowing a few more things I learned at this class, you can go to my short page on child safety by clicking on and following this link. Child Safety Class for GrandmaA.